Sunday, January 8, 2012

New York, New Year, New Beginnings

Hi Friends, 

 So, I want to start this off by saying that writing has never been something that I have enjoyed. Also, when I do write, I rarely share it with anyone so this is kind of a big deal for me. But, for some reason I have had a lot of inspiration lately and am feeling inclined to write about my life, ideas, creative thoughts and inspirations, and to share them with everyone. My intentions for this blog are to provide you with insight into my life, advice, fun, laughter, inspiration, and spiritual words and thoughts that are meaningful to me (hence the title, "all good things"). My hope is that I will be challenged by and begin like writing as a new creative outlet. Well, here goes nothing J
After a stressful December trying to find housing, and a long train ride last Saturday, I finally made it to NYC, the city I will be residing in for the next 3 months. I am on my 4th co-op, this time at Aeropostale’s design office working for the Women’s Wovens team. This week at work was a bit crazy but they kept me busy, which is always great. There’s nothing worse than staring at the wall with nothing to do all day.  I  love my team and the people I sit with at work. I also found out that we get free coffee at work all the time as well as free fruit on Mondays! I would say, from what I can tell thus far, this is going to be a great work experience.
I am living in the East Village in a 2 Br apt with 3 other girls from DAAP, Kendra, Emily, and Amy. Emily found me through a posting on The Forefront Church website’s community board. It’s always so crazy to me how I stress about the little things and it always end up working out. God is just good like that.
The week was full of work, fun, and adventures with the new roomies. The four of us had dinner at Hummus Place on Tuesday in the East Village and on Thursday I went to happy hour with some girls from work at a restaurant near Herald Square. I also joined Bally’s with my friend Kathryn who will be my new workout buddy, and I started training for the Flying Pig Half Marathon.
The weekend was also full of a lot more adventures including Margaritas and appetizers at Patron Mexican Grill in Hell's Kitchen, going out to 2A and a late night pizza run at Too Bootz on Friday night with Kendra and Emily. Saturday was a beautiful day so we ventured around Chelsea and Greenwich Village, which are two of my favorite areas in NYC. We checked out the Chelsea Market, walked the High Line, and explored the village all day before coming home to make dinner, nap, read and relax for the rest of the night.
            Sunday is always my favorite because it is the day I get to relax and go to church and learn more about and worship God. Today was especially exciting since I got to go back to Forefront Church and take some of my new friends with me as well. We enjoyed orange juice, good bagels, awesome worship and learned a great message from the book of James. I’m really excited to get involved, learn and grow more in my faith at Forefront these next few months.
            All in all this week has been a start to what I believe is going to be a fun, exciting, and successful new year. My goal is to put up a new posting every couple of days which will include anything from my travel experiences, personal style, inspiration, life lessons, laughter and much more. The possibilities are endless. I hope you enjoy and look forward to hearing from me soon.

Xo Allie Fawn 

No comments:

Post a Comment